"Account unknown" in user-rights dialog

Thorsten Schneider t.schneider at newellwf-de.com
Fri Dec 8 09:35:15 GMT 2000

Hello,

I am new to this list and don't know if this problem was on topic.

I am using Samba 2.05a as a file-server and as a PDC with about 50 users. This works fine.

I have only one problem: in the user-rights dialog in Windws NT 4.0 of a PDC-user I can give access to other PDC-users. If I close the dialog and reopen it, the username is not shown. Instead of the name there is only "account unknown" (I don't know the exact phrase in english, I am using a german version of NT).

Is it possible to show the real username instead of this "dummy" ? It is very hard to change a user right if you don't know which...

I even tried 2.07, but this won't help.

Thank you for your help
Thorsten

--