NT Domain Aurhentification for routrer control

Kevin Colby kevinc at grainsystems.com
Thu Dec 7 16:44:54 GMT 2000

Have you looked into Squid?
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ.html
http://squid-docs.sourceforge.net/latest/html/book1.htm

Setup with properly, users will get the standard username/password
dialog and then be authenticated via an arbitrary command or one of
the stock methods.  The included methods do not support such discrete
control, but since you are able to use even a shell script, there
are many options available.  We use TNG's rpcclient to do a group
membership check against an NT PDC, for example.  As an added bonus,
you can actually cache pages too.

	- Kevin Colby
	  kevinc at grainsystems.com