Thoughts on problems with W2K joining ...

Stokes edmundo at moscow.com
Thu Dec 7 12:31:34 GMT 2000

This is a very interesting discovery, this odd number of characters in
domain name thing... I changed the name of my domain and finally was able to
join a w2k machine.    however, after joining and logging into the domain I
am no longer administrator on the w2k machine unless I log into the machine.
So I tried to add my domain account as an adminstrator account on my
machine, but recieved the error "A trust relationship could not be
established with the domain" or something along those lines.

Does the development team know what it is going to take to get samba to a
point where the domain accounts can actually be used from windows machines,
as in recieving the account list and giving those accounts special
permissions on w2k or nt machines, or even user-level shares and access to
win98 machines?  I am a decent c programmer, and perhaps if I knew where to
begin working on adding these capabilities I could contribute or at least
take a crack at it...

Stokes