Roaming profiles again

SRuth at LANDAM.com SRuth at LANDAM.com
Wed Dec 6 17:25:01 GMT 2000

There is a policy setting that can enforce profile size limitations by not allowing the user to log off until the profile is below a specifiable size.  It's a bit drastic, but it may be what you need?

Sven

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Barth [mailto:barth at cck.uni-kl.de]
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 10:59 AM
To: samba-ntdom at samba.org; Lubomir
Subject: Re: Roaming profiles again

> The main problem is not iexplore and it's temporary files (it is only
> one way to reach the quota limit) but how to avoid WS being unable to
> upload their new profile to server.
> If profiles and homedir have different quotas it will be much more
> harder for profile (by himself) to reach the limit - this is my idea!
Yes, harder but not impossible. Remember the folder "My files" (?, in
german "Eigene Dateien") in the profiles. I have no NT-Sever so I do
not know how they solve the problem. But I think it's just NT (and
w2K?) being to stupied to say: "Logout stopped. Free Diskspace and
try again". Or at least not corrupting the ntuser.dat.

May be you can set a big difference between soft and hard quota and
wirte a cronjob that tells people "Free diskspace or loos your
settings". The soft quota is shown on the PC :-).

As far as I know: For different quotas you need different disk
partitions --> More effort to manage and Problem remains.

Christian