domain admins

Torsten Curdt tcurdt at dff.st
Wed Dec 6 13:09:07 GMT 2000

Is something broken or am I doing something wrong?

We're running samba 2.2 CVS Nov 3rd as PDC.
I wanted to grant every domain user some local
privilegies on the machines (e.g. setting the
time - common question) So logged in as DOMAIN\root
and tried the grant.exe (http://www.franzo.co.nz/hansson/grant.htm)
as well as the user manager. But failed because the
the domain admin "root" did not have the rights to
do this! The user manger failed to connect as "DOMAIN\root"
(needed to use a local or other domain account)

Even

 net user USERNAME /DOMAIN

fails with

 System error 1734

Something about limits..
(in german: Die Datenfeldgrenzen sind unzulässig)

In the globals sections of our smb.conf I've set:

 domain admin users = root

Shouldn't this give the user DOMAIN\root local
admin privileges as well??
What is wrong with my setup?
--
Torsten