Roaming profiles again

Lubomir lubo at ru.acad.bg
Mon Dec 25 10:35:56 GMT 2000

Thanks to Jason Todd mail I realized what was the problem with my
roaming profiles (you know - all these *.bak , *.000 locally stored
profiles etc.). But what is the best solution...

1.Background:
Samba 2.0.7 server. Win NT4 (sp6) workstations.Roaming profiles.
10 MB soft, 12 hard server disk quota for every user.

2.The problem (one of them;-):
Many users reach their quota (usually iexplorer cache eats kbit by kbit
their space) and when they logoff WS is not able to upload the new
profile on the server.
It happens too often, users complan they didn't used so much space but
their <homedevice> was full and I am reseting user profiles whole my days.

3.One possible sollution (virtually yet):
Reduce iexplore cache size and force eraseing when exit or just set
cache path c:\temp (that's the easy part).
But am thinking about some global solution...
Is it possible to manage two user quotas - one for their home space and
another for their profile? And how to do it?
If anybody has succeed running anything like this or if there are better
solutions please let me know!