Unix-side login script under Samba???

High Mobley high at negacsbs.org
Mon Dec 4 18:05:45 GMT 2000

Is there a way to have Samba run a unix-server-side script whenever an
NT domain user logs in and pass some of the standard Samba built-in
variables to that script as command line arguments? the "preexec"
parameter looks close to what I'm looking for, but it runs when a user
tries to browe a service as I understand it. I need a script that can be
run upon a domain login. I'm running an old (pre-2.0 CVS snapshot)
version of Samba, but am open to running whatever version supports this
feature. I'd even like to hear if 2.2 or 3.0 will support this feature.
Thanks,
High Mobley
ABHS