what version should I upgrade to?

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Mon Dec 4 22:16:03 GMT 2000

At 10:44 AM 04/12/2000 -0500, Maciej Kalisiak wrote:
>'smbd -h' reports 2.1.0-prealpha.  This stuff hasn't been updated for a
couple
>of years now.  We're experiencing some problems so I figured I better upgrade
>first, see if that makes the problems go away.  So what version should I
>install now?  I've read somewhere on the samba pages that 2.1.0-prealpha
was a
>bit of deceptive numbering...

2.2 would be the best choice but you really need to wait a bit. It seems
that a number of people are having problems with it and there are a couple
of design thing happening too.

2.0.7 is nice and stable, a bit limited and does not do W2K PDC things.
Some test of mine indicated that it was considerably faster than 2.1-prealpha.

david
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au