nmbd question

Gerry Maddock gerrym at futuremetals.com
Mon Dec 4 19:41:15 GMT 2000

Ok, I have samba running as a PDC, file and print server. With Samba as
the PDC, I was able to browse over routed networks to our systems at
branch offices. Things are working great, but I had to restart the
server this morning and now when I search network neighborhood, I can
only see a few sys this is even with a screen refresh. Most computers
are not showing up. If I really want to access a sys that I cannot see,
I can do a "find computer" and it shows up. This is not a big deal, b/c
after a day or two all systems will eventually show up again. My
question is: Is there anyway I can speed this up??? In /etc/smb.con I
have the os level as 64 to win the election. I have HUP'd nmbd a few
times, but no luck.