Storing roaming profiles in home directories.

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Dec 3 09:22:53 GMT 2000

At 12:19 AM 3/12/2000 -0800, Akop Pogosian wrote:
>Is there anything wrong with storing the roaming profiles in home
>directories which are also mapped to a drive letter when the users log
>on? That's what I do, seems to work fine. However, someone mentioned
>in the past that this is not a good thing to do.  I can't remember his
>reasons anymore. Does anyone know what are the disadvantages of doing
>this?

Yes, I do the same thing on one domain I administer. The only problem is
that users see the profile there and sometimes have a little play with it.
I had one new user who who thought she had to save her files there, inside
'My Documents'. Of course everything changed when she logged out and her
local profile was copied onto the server....

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083