Samba is trying to use hostname instead of username

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Sat Dec 2 17:34:15 GMT 2000

The NT sysadmin has changed the setting from domain GYMNASIUM to workgroup HERCULES. (with a radiobutton). There is a PDC in the network named EDUSERVER.

This is my globals section:

[global]
	workgroup = HERCULES
	networkstation user logon = yes
	server string = Hydra CGU server
	hosts allow = 10. 127.
	guest account = ll
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 500
	security = user
	local master = yes
	os level = 33
	debug level = 10
	domain master = yes
	preferred master = yes
	domain logons = yes
	logon path = \\%L\%U\.profile
	name resolve order = host
	dns proxy = no

Maybe the PDC doesn't know anything of the workgroup... Should I enable some remote announce settings?

Jelmer

--
cya,

Jelmer