Still having problems with latest CVS and win2k joining a samba controlled domain

Anders C. Thorsen anders at aae.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 1 09:14:45 GMT 2000

Chris,

please add your _complete_ [global] section and the important ones
([netlogon], [homes], [print$] if you have one, etc.) as your
problem indicates the following to me:

	1. You have map to guest enabled
	2. The guest has a funky UID [such as too large or negative..
					in case of too large it will
					become negative]
	3. When logging on as root, it's not fully recognised as such,
	   mapped to guest, and the behaviour you describe will occur.

Ofcourse, this might be wrong, but you did not give the full smb.config,
so I can't tell..

BTW: You might want to check on the FAQs/HOWTOs on how to add a
win2k machine to the DOMAIN.

--Anders

--

--Anders