Samba 2.2 and Win2k

Pat slu at firerun.net
Fri Dec 1 16:15:08 GMT 2000

I had the same problem when I tried it last night,  I had it set up
pretty much the same way, with a machine acct., root acct., and a
user account.  I had no luck getting it to join the domain.  But I did
try out the cvs of TNG and some how I got the win2k machine to
join the domain, but I was unable to reproduce it.

Patrick Gunerud

Eoin Verling wrote:

> Hi,
>
> got the recent CVS of 2.2, trying to get a Win2k machine to join the
PDC, I get the following error msg:-

> " the credential supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials
"

> I created the machine a/c, created a user a/c and a "root" a/c ... I'm
trying to connect to the domain as user "root" (as in HOWTO)

> I've only a simple smb.conf file ... any ideas?

> --- SMB.CONF ---
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = COMNITEL_TEST
>         encrypt passwords = Yes
>         update encrypted = Yes
>         root directory = /
>         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd
>         unix password sync = Yes
>         log level = 10
>         log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
>         domain admin users = root everling
>         add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g machines -c Machine
-d /dev/null -s /bin/false %m$
>         logon script = scripts\%U.bat
>         logon drive = x:
>         domain logons = Yes
>         dns proxy = No
>         guest account = ftp
>         share modes = No
>
> [homes]
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0700
>         directory mask = 0700
>         locking = No
>         oplocks = No
>
> - --                      _
> Eoin Verling            _/ \_   2200 Cork Airport Business Park,
> SysAdmin               / \_/ \  Kinsale Rd., Cork, Ireland.
> Comnitel Technologies  \_/ \_/  Ph: +353 21 7305608
> everling at comnitel.com    \_/    Fax: +353 21 7305624

I want
> > to ease Linux into the company not impose it, have a problem and
revert to
> > NT.  It's got to be a File/Print Server before it becomes a PDC!
> >
> > I made many changes and now it's not working at all.  I have a
> > feeling I'll
> > have to start from scratch again.  I looked for some info but all
> > I can find
> > are people with similar problems but no real working solutions.
I'll post
> > my working solution if I ever get it working... Maybe 1 day ;)
> >
> > Thx for support.
> > Ed.

That