Bugs with network neighborhood

CORNELOUP,THIERRY (HP-France,ex2) thierry_corneloup at hp.com
Fri Dec 1 13:31:50 GMT 2000

hello,

This week, i tryed to install SAMBA 3.0.4 on 4 HP-UX systems (vers 10.20).
Each one is in its proper subnet. Each subnet has one Wins NT server for
name resolution.

When i try to browse network with "network neighborhood" I can see only 2
HP-UX servers that calls "themis" and "europe". The two other one are not
seen (meduse and apollon).

But, when i use the explorer to add a network ressource, I have no problem
if I put manually the name of the network ressource.
For exemple, if I put : \\meduse (that is not seen by "network
neighborhood") it works fine and i can see the shared ressources on this
server.

So the only pbm is that 2 servers are not seen by the "network
neighborhood".
I have the same problem when I do 'net view' at a DOS prompt.

Can you help me to troubleshooting this problem?

Regards
Thierry Corneloup