FW: Creating Admin User for NT

Chad Nixon chad at linora.com
Thu Aug 31 20:08:17 GMT 2000

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Chad Nixon [mailto:chad at linora.com]
Sent:	Thursday, August 31, 2000 11:56 AM
To:	'samba-ntdom at samba.org'
Subject:	Creating Admin User fot NT

  I am running Red Hat 6.1 and using Samba as a PDC.  I have been able to
create user accounts and authenticate NT workstations to the domain.
However, I cannot create a Domain Admin or Administrator user.  I have tried
creating domaingroup.map, localgroup.map, and domainuser.map file but Samba
will process the smb.conf files after  enter in the following parameters
	domain group map = /path/domaingroup.map
	local group map = /path/localgroup.map
	domain user map = /path/domainuser.map

I get the error "Unknown parameter  "domain group map" encountered " running
testparm Any suggestions would be appreciated
Chad Nixon
LinOra Corporation
chad at linora.com
(208) 342-1776