Samba PDC and Mail services

Tyrone D. Faciane Jr. tyfaciane at sonets.com
Wed Aug 30 17:17:13 GMT 2000

My Samba-2.0.7 PDC for Win9x clients is also running sendmail.=20
I setup "Internet Mail" services in my Outlook Client, and named
my Linux/Samba host as the mail server.

Now, the Samba-Win9x Mail Client question.  I know this is not
an NT Domain question, but I has to do with Samba Shares.

I saved my addressbook, "mailbox.pab" on a Samba share on the
Linux/Samba server.  After setting the path, the mail client
found and read the addressbook-- no problem.

There were changes to be made to the addressbook, but when I
updated the addressbook from my Win9x (Admin Station) and tried
to replace the "mailbox.pab" file on the Linux/Samba Server the
OS warned the file was in use.

Is there a way to store the addressbook on the Linux/Samba
server, provide access to the addressbook from all clients and
update/change the addressbook when needed (without having every
client disconnect)?

--=20
Tyrone D. Faciane Jr.
Small Office Network Solutions