lsarpd netlogond samrd problem

Pascal OFFREDO poffredo at club-internet.fr
Fri Aug 4 09:05:33 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm using redhat 6.2 / Samba TNG 2.5
my domain is DOMAINE.

the first time I ran the different daemons no, it worked fine.

Next time, running lsarpcd netlogond and samrd failed.

the different logs contain the following message :

standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option
both /etc/MACHINE.SID and /etc/DOMAINE.SID exist when only one should, unable to
 continue
ERROR: Samba cannot create a SAM SID for its domain (DOMAINE)

the only way I know to run the different daemons is renaming MACHINE.SID into MACHINE.SI_ , running daemons and then renaming MACHINE.SI_ into MACHINE.SID.

Maybe it's due to the way I configured the makefile :

--prefix = /usr
--libdir = /etc
--with-lockdir = /var/lock/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc