using samedit

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Aug 29 23:05:59 GMT 2000

Marc Britten wrote:

> hi,
>
> i've got samba-tng setup(2.5 out of cvs) and i'm having trouble using
> samedit
>
> using samedit -S . -U root (as found in the samba-tng faq for adding
> machines to a domain
>
> if i try any command such as create user or enumgroups and i get the error
>
> socket connect to /opt/samba-tng/var/locks/.msrpc/samr failed:
> Connection refused
> ncalrpc_l_establish_connection: failed samr)
> ncalrpc_l_use_add: connection failed
> please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID
>
> I have my box configured as a primary domain controller as per the
> instructions in the faq.

Check the logs for any problems. Also make sure that all daemons are
running. It looks like either samrd or lsarpcd aren't running properly.
You could also try updating your source. 2.6 tarball is good.

Matt

--

Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

...And by the way, Lars Kneschke's Samba TNG FAQ is at
http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/index.php3