password synchronization - again!

Aaron Dewell acd at woods.net
Tue Aug 29 22:48:47 GMT 2000

You have to run a cron script to re-export the passwords to the smbpasswd
file if you change a UNIX password.  It usually just involves calling the
smbpasswd program, the only thing is that you don't want to blow away any
updates that have happened in the meantime from the Samba side..

I think that doc is backwards, the stable (2.0) samba can be a BDC, but
not a PDC, the beta versions can do both.

Aaron