Permissions issue from clients

Phillip C. Roberts proberts at dubois-king.com
Tue Aug 29 21:03:50 GMT 2000

I am running Linux Redhat 6.2 with Samba2.0.7.  I am attempting to implement
a Linux/Samba file and print server within the domain structure.  The
problem:

My "Home" shares work perfectly with permissions and access.  The problem is
that I am now attempting to create other shares.  In the other shares the
only way that I can get a user to access the share is to put the in as an
"Admin User."  If I put the user in as a group with the "@group" or as
username as admin user it works fine.  But, when I place the user as "user"
it does not work.

Here is my conf file.  The Unix permissions on the folder are 775.

Thanks in advance for any help.

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 192.168.0.31 (192.168.0.31)
# Date: 2000/08/29 14:07:31

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = CORPORATE
        netbios name = LUCY
        server string = File and Print Server, Samba %v on Lucy
        interfaces = 192.168.0.39/255.255.255.0
        bind interfaces only = Yes
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = groucho
        unix password sync = Yes
        debug level = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 200
        announce version = 4.0
        name resolve order = hosts wins
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
        load printers = No
        lm announce = False
        local master = No
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 192.168.0.1
        #admin users = jsmithers cbacon proberts
        create mask = 0775
        directory mask = 0775

[homes]
        comment = Home Directory for: %U
        admin users = proberts cbacon jsmithers
        force user = %U
        writeable = Yes
        create mask = 0771
        directory mask = 0711
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No

[root]
        comment = This is Lucy's Root
        path = /
        valid users = proberts cbacon jsmithers
        writeable = Yes
        browseable = No

[test01]
        path = /tmp
        printable = Yes

[pmh]
        comment = This is Trish's Home Directory
        path = /home/pmh
        valid users = pmh
        admin users = cgb jps pcr
        writeable = Yes

[Admin]
        comment = This is the Administrator's Group Directory
        path = /usr2/Groups/Admin
        valid users = @adminassist cbacon jsmithers proberts
        admin users = cbacon jsmithers proberts
        force group = @adminassist
        writeable = Yes
        create mask = 0771
        directory mask = 0711
        browseable = yes

[BLDGS]
        comment = This is Building Services' Group Directory
        path = /usr2/Groups/BLDGS
        admin users = cbacon jsmithers proberts
        force group = @bldgservices
        writeable = Yes
        create mask = 0771
        directory mask = 0711

[CADD]
        comment = This is the CADD Users' Group Directory
        path = /usr2/Groups/CADD
        valid users = @cadd
        #cbacon jsmithers proberts pgroberts
        #admin users = cbacon jsmithers proberts @cadd