samedit errors w/ LDAP

Ross Davis ross at csn.ul.ie
Tue Aug 29 17:27:44 GMT 2000

Lo all,

I have TNG-2.6 with LDAP PDC running. I have NT4 Wks joining fine.
I cannot get RedHat machines to join the domain.
I have security=user on both the PDC and clients. Am I right
in saying security=domain is for Linux clients joining a domain
with NT as the PDC/BDC, not SAMBA as PDC?

If I use 'samedit -S . -U <user>' on the client is <user> supposed to be
the domain admin or the local root a/c? It dosn't seem to care what
password I put in! If I next do 'use \\\\<PDC> -U <domain admin>' is this
equivalent to just doing 'samedit -S <PDC> -U <domain admin>' in the
first place?

Is 'createuser <machine$> -j <domain>' the correct command to join client
to domain?

Do I need samedit's '-W' option or do I have to use 'ntlogin' at any
stage?

Basically no matter what combination I try I get these errors when trying
to join the RedHat client to the domain.
-----
socket connect to /usr/local/etc/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/samr failed
ncalrpc_l_establish_connection: failed samr)
ncalrpc_l_use_add: connection failed
please use 'lsaquery' first, to ascertain the SID
-----

Also no *.mac files are created!

I get these errors in my log.samr
-----
standard input is not a socket, assuming -D option
create_pipe_socket: /usr/local/etc/samba/var/locks/.msrpc 448
/usr/local/etc/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/samr 448
remove on /usr/local/etc/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/samr failed
-----

As an aside issue I get this error when trying to delete a user in
samedit.

deluser LDAPCLNT1$
SAM Delete Domain User
msrpc_receive: failed
Broken pipe

-----log.samr-----
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
_samr_unknown_2d: not implemented, returning OK
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
_samr_delete_dom_user: user_rid:0x40e
INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 11610 (TNG-alpha)
Please read the file BUGS.txt in the distribution
PANIC: internal error
-----log.samr-----

I have spent days trying to get this working. If somebody has
any knowledge of what's wrong with any of this please let me know.

Cheers,
	Ross