joining an M$ NT Server Domain with TNG

Jens Skripczynski jens.skripczynski at igd.fhg.de
Tue Aug 29 16:57:21 GMT 2000

Elrond:
> On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:28:12PM +0200, Jens Skripczynski wrote:
> [...]
> > since there does not exist the smbpasswd command any more and
> > I do not know how to use rpcclient:
> > "How can I add an SAMBA TNG Client to an NT Server controlled domain
> > with Server authentification ?"
> >
> > - I did look at Lars FAQ but maybe was to blind...
> > - I checked the man page
> > - docs/textdocs/DOMAIN_MEMBER is outdated (uses smbpasswd)
> > - I have
> > SERVER=NTSERVER
> > enc passwords = yes
> > level         = SERVER
> >
> > Did i forget anything ?
> > How do i use rpcclient ?
>
> Ummm...
>
> Do you realy need TNG as a domain member? If so, why?
>
> Okay... The way, Luke wanted it to work:
>
> On your Linuxbox as root:
>
> rpcclient -S NTSERVER -U Administrator%adminpw
> [...]$ createuser TNGBOX$ -j -L
>

> Yes, you need to know a user on the domain, that is allowed
> to create trust-accounts. If that isn't possible for you,
> go and bug Luke. ;)
*BUG* *BUG* :)
Hm no. He did a good thing. No I wanted to try to see how  TNG
behaves in an NT Environment. And with the old versions I could join via
smbpasswd. Why do I suddenly need the Adminpassword  or why does the 2.0.7
branch not need the pw ?

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at igd.fhg.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.
Win95:        A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
              8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
              2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.