joining an M$ NT Server Domain with TNG

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Tue Aug 29 16:52:21 GMT 2000

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:28:12PM +0200, Jens Skripczynski wrote:
[...]
> Hi,
>
> since there does not exist the smbpasswd command any more and
> I do not know how to use rpcclient:
> "How can I add an SAMBA TNG Client to an NT Server controlled domain
> with Server authentification ?"
>
> - I did look at Lars FAQ but maybe was to blind...
> - I checked the man page
> - docs/textdocs/DOMAIN_MEMBER is outdated (uses smbpasswd)
> - I have
> SERVER=NTSERVER
> enc passwords = yes
> level         = SERVER
>
> Did i forget anything ?
> How do i use rpcclient ?

Ummm...

Do you realy need TNG as a domain member? If so, why?

Okay... The way, Luke wanted it to work:

On your Linuxbox as root:

rpcclient -S NTSERVER -U Administrator%adminpw
[...]$ createuser TNGBOX$ -j -L

Yes, you need to know a user on the domain, that is allowed
to create trust-accounts. If that isn't possible for you,
go and bug Luke. ;)

    Elrond