HELP!!

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Mon Aug 28 15:42:46 GMT 2000

I think a lot of your problems will be solved by upgrading to samba
2.0.7 (get if from rpmfind.net if it's not on Redhat's updates). I think
Redhat 6.1 comes with 2.0.6. Samba 2.0.7 fixes some Windows 2000
specific bugs.

Do you have any other machines on your network (windows 9x, NT) ?

I assume you have made smbpasswd's for each user ?(smbpasswd -a
<user_name>)

Buchan
(P.S. /usr isn't really the place you should be putting user data,
although I assume you will correct that once your home share is working)

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za