HELP!!

Jens Skripczynski jens.skripczynski at igd.fhg.de
Mon Aug 28 13:07:47 GMT 2000

cK Lim:
> Hi there,
>
>     I had been pulling out my hair for the past eight days and nights messing with Samba which is very new to me. I hope someone out there can give me a hand so that I can get some sleep. Thank you.
>     My problem is that, I am trying to connect some PC workstations running on Windows 2000 to the Red Hat Linux 6.1 Server box in a LAN. They are physically connected.
>     I have got the Samba Server installed correctly using the Red Hat Linux 6.1 software package. All configuraton required on the Windows 2000 side had been configured correctly. I has enclosed with my configuration of the smb.conf file below, hope it will be a reference to you on my mistakes and errors.
>     The host name and IP address of the Linux box is DELL, 10.0.0.1
>     I have got the DELL network icon displayed in the windows explorer just that when i tried to click on the icon, an error box appear with the following messages,
>     \\DELL\home\ is not accessible.
>     The network name cannot be found.
>
> Can someone give me some guidance and advice, I am reali desperate for help. Many Thanks.
1) What is the current samba version you are using ?

2) What kiWhat IP has the WS ?

3) can you reach the WS via smbclient ?

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at igd.fhg.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.
Win95:        A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
              8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
              2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.