Samba 2.2.x?

Frank Carreiro fcarreiro at loweryinc.com
Fri Aug 25 19:58:50 GMT 2000

Does anybody know when Samba 2.2.x will be available?

I have a number of Solaris servers running 2.0.7 currently but each user
needs a UNIX account on each box in order to connect (I don't want to
use nobody for the connections).  I understand that 2.2.x will eliminate
this requirement allowing spontaneous UID/GID creation upon connect from
an NT domain.

I know 2.0.7 came out around april of this year.  Crossing my fingers
for at least a beta release sometime soon.  We could use it :-)

Frank