Windows 2k does not join TNG 2.6 (2.5.good)

Raoul Schroeder memphis_ms at gmx.net
Fri Aug 25 20:09:41 GMT 2000

Hi,

Still trying to hook up that W2k machine to TNG 2.6 (tried 2.5.good as
well)
Everything seems to go well, and I can join with NT4.0...
But I cannot with W2K... I assume it is b/c there is something going
wrong with port 445...

Samedit, too, complains that the connection on port 445 is refused,
which is why things like use \\server-name -U user -W domain-name fail.

I hope someone has dealt with this already. To all those people, who
have joined a TNG domain with W2k, did you change anything in W2k (to
ensure it is in backward compatibility mode)?
To everyone else: Which daemon is listening to 445? Why does it refuse
connections? Why does samedit need 445?

Thank you all for your input.

Regards,

Raoul