Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

Buchan Milne bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Fri Aug 25 10:28:49 GMT 2000

Paul J Collins wrote:

>     Edward> Paul J Collins wrote:
>     >> The only people who care about Windows 9x are the poor bastards
>     >> flogging the dead horse that is Windows Millennium Edition.
>
>     Edward> Or the millions of users in the corporate world who don't
>     Edward> have the cash or the need to upgrade to the latest MS
>     Edward> shovelware.  Face it Win9x is here, still, and will be.
>     Edward> This "we only support NT, tough luck" idea is just a
>     Edward> ridiculous conceit.
>
> There is only one good reason to prefer Windows 95 to NT: you need to
> run a legacy DOS application that NT's DOS subsystem cannot support.

Or you need support for hardware WinNT does not (USB anyone ?). I assume
we've been meaning win9x, otherwise my argument only applies for
win95osr2.1+usb patch.

--
Cellphone                                           +27824722231
email                               mailto:bgmilne at ing.sun.ac.za
Centre for Automotive Engineering       http://www.sun.ac.za/cae
South Africas first satellite:        http://sunsat.ee.sun.ac.za
Control Models                          http://www.control.co.za