Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Fri Aug 25 00:57:20 GMT 2000

At 06:57 PM 24/08/2000 +0100, Paul J Collins wrote:
>    Edward> This "we only support NT, tough luck" idea is just a
>    Edward> ridiculous conceit.
>
>There is only one good reason to prefer Windows 95 to NT: you need to
>run a legacy DOS application that NT's DOS subsystem cannot support.

No, we find that W95 is more appropriate on laptops too. People plug them
in here and can be (sort of) domain members, get a logon script etc but
when they take it home there is no authentication problems.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au