Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

Andrea Zolnhofer & Michael Ott ZolnOtt at t-online.de
Thu Aug 24 19:47:42 GMT 2000

Hi!

It seems to be the right way.

You have to fill the /etc/passwd with the following line

pc_name$:*:1000:10000:WinNT Trust Domain:/dev/null:/bin/false

After this, you must put pc_name into the smbpasswd with the following
order:

smbpasswd -a -m pc_name

After this, you can put pc_name into the domain

I hope, that I can help you

Michael