Name Resolution Problems

Ed Presutti Ed.Presutti at usunwired.com
Wed Aug 23 23:36:45 GMT 2000

Is there any way to make BIND use WINS with Samba? I'm running 2 Linux boxes
with BIND 8.2.2P5 and our organization is wanting WINS lookup, they're
complaining about the fact that workstations don't appear in DNS. I'm
wondering if there is a way to make BIND use WINS as a secondary lookup
source like Wintendo DNS does. I just don't want to have to get rid of BIND
on behalf of the fact that our programmers want reverse lookup to work on
PC's! Thanks in advance.

Ed Presutti - CCNA, MCP
Corporate Network Engineer
US Unwired
(337) 421-6269

Subject:      Webster's Dictionary definition of Windows95

Windows95: <win-doz-nin-te-fiv> n.  32 bit extensions and a
graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system
originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit
company, that can't stand 1 bit of competition.