Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Aug 23 22:47:03 GMT 2000

At 09:08 AM 23/08/2000 +0000, gaby at tau.uab.es wrote:

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but this might help :

1. W2000 will not join a Samba 2.0.x domain.
2. Samba 2.0.x does not do trust account stuff.
3. Win95/98 'join' a domain differently to NT (and W2000 ?), many people
will tell you that w95/98 are not really domain members at all.

Please see http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au/samba

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au