Samba Novice - Problems with NT

Michael Ellery mellery at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 18:36:21 GMT 2000

Um, well I'm not trying to synchronize my passwords for NT and
Solaris.  The way it has worked so far is that my NT and Unix
passwords are different - for that matter, my usernames are also
different.  I am able to login to the NT box with my NT user/password
and then it prompts me for a password when it tries to reconnect to
the SAMBA share -- at which time I enter my unix password.  I tried
disconnecting and remapping the drive several times without success.

I realize this use of non-synchronised passwords is not the cleanest
way to go for general use, but it has worked for my purposes so far.
Once I started having trouble with my current NT account connecting
to the share, I just created a new NT account (yet another
username/password) and I'm able to connect fine to my SAMBA share.
Regarding the password trashing, I did try changing my Unix password,
but I never bothered changing my NT password...perhaps that's worth a
try.

Thanks for the literature recommendations - I will check them out.

-ME

=====