Domain groups parameter

Mark Cave-Ayland mca198 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 23 17:38:59 GMT 2000

On 23 Aug 2000, mathou rene wrote:

> Does someone know how to use "Domain groups" parameter ?
> I want to use group policies with poledit on win98 and samba-2.07 server.
> but, win98 doesn't load the policies for the group, only for simple users.
> help me please !!!
> sory for my bad english...

Hi there,

Have you installed the group policy handler? This is required for Win9x
to pick up group policies. Look on the Win98 CD in
\tools\reskit\netadmin\poledit. Install group policies on a Win9x client
by double-clicking grouppol.inf.  Log off and on again a couple of times and
see if Win98 picks up group policies. Unfortunately this needs to be done
on every Win9x machine that uses group policies....

Good luck,

Mark.