Samba Novice - Problems with NT

Michael Ellery mellery at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 14:54:20 GMT 2000

I'm not much of an expert with NT or Samba and I'm experiencing a
very strange problem with my NT box.

I have samba set-up and running fine on my Sun box.  I've been
connecting to it for several weeks without incident.  The only minor
trick to the set-up was adding the EnablePlainTextPassord (DWORD)
value to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Rdr\Parameters on the
NT box.  In any event, I have been successfully connecting to my
shares for a few weeks.

Now, however, following the latest reboot of my NT machine, I can't
connect.  I repeatedly get the message "username or password
incorrect".  Since I knew nothing had changed, I tried creating a new
account on my NT box and I am able to connect fine from this same box
with the new user account.  So, that seems to indicate to me that
something has gotten botched in my NT user account.  Has anyone else
experienced such a thing and have any idea what I could check to try
to remedy this problem?  BTW, I'm running NT Server 4.0, svcpack 5
and Samba 2.0.6 on Solaris 7.

This seems to be an NT problem, but it's strange that it only impacts
my ability to connect to my Samba shares (all other shares are fine).

If this is not the appropriate forum for such a question, please let
me know.

TIA,
Mike Ellery

=====