Join NT/win2000 into a Samba Domain

gaby at tau.uab.es gaby at tau.uab.es
Wed Aug 23 09:08:03 GMT 2000

Hello

I'm trying to join some NT (workstation)/ windows 2000 to my Samba-domain
server, but I cannot. I'm using Red Hat 6.1 with samba 2.0.6

Some one told me I have to create an "special" trust account into linux (=>
samba) and then use it to log-in.

I'm trying several ways, but it seems that the account mus be created with '$'.

Eg. We want the trust account TRUST to join domain DOMAIN using user USER

    * In win 95/98 works fine log in into DOMAIN with user USER

    * In NT doesn't work, so I created an account called TRUST, but to use the
      smbpass -m it must be "TRUST$"
      when I configure NT/2000 to use the account TRUST or TRUST$ with domain
      DOMAIN it doesn't work.

Can you help me?

Thank you.