NT4 and download speed

Tomek Jarosinski tomek at is.fh-hamburg.de
Tue Aug 22 12:16:31 GMT 2000

Roy Marshall wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I am fairly new to samba but managed to mount my NT workstation to Samba on
> unix server using NT server for password authentification.
>
> However i have a huge speed problem. When i download a file from unix via
> the mounted drive to NT the speed is approx 5kb/sec however if i upload to
> the unix server my speed is 1333kb/sec.
>
> HOW DO I INCREASE MY SPEED WHEN DOWNLOADING TO NT4. This is causing a huge
> delay in my s/ware development.
>
> Using TCP/IP protocol only.
>
> Help is much appreciated
>
> Roy
>
> Roy Marshall
> My homepage : http://www.geocities.com/rwmarshall_2000
> ICQ #       : 49824019
> E-Mail      : rwmarshall at email.com

> FREE! The World's Best Email Address @email.com
> Reserve your name now at http://www.email.com
Make one ftp test with put and get. If there is a big difference between
put and get performance, this means that most probably somewehre between
your computer and server a full duplex or half duplex parameter on your
switch or networkcard is wrong configured.
--
Have a nice day !
Dipl.-Ing. Tomek Jarosinski
 E-Mail: tomek at rzbt.fh-hamburg.de
--Linux is like a wigwam: no gates, no windows, and an apache inside--