Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Mail Delivery System Mailer-Daemon at pop.de
Mon Aug 21 15:17:20 GMT 2000

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients. The
following address(es) failed:

  tc-wedel.de!monscheu at s023250.tk.tc-wedel.de:
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:
    <tc-wedel.de!monscheu at s023250.tk.tc-wedel.de>:
    host 195.222.202.30 [195.222.202.30]:
    550 relaying to <tc-wedel.de!monscheu at s023250.tk.tc-wedel.de> prohibited by administrator

Sender: samba-ntdom at samba.org
From:   cevans - Chris Evans <cevans at acxiom.com>
To:     Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM <samba-ntdom at samba.org>
Subject: NT4 and SAMBA - User Account being locked out
Date:   Tue, 22 Aug 2000 01:18:50 +1000

Hello all, I have a situation that I hope one of you UNIX experts can help
with. We have an NT4 domain with the majority of clients and servers NT4,
But we do have several Unix servers running SAMBA, all different versions.
One of our NT Admin user accounts that we use for starting services etc..
keeps getting locked out repeatedly. When I look at our NT event logs on the
NT4 PDC I see several events claiming a bad password attempt on this Service
account from these Unix boxes. What's weird is that the first event will be
a bad password attempt and the second will be a successful logon attempt. I
have verified that these servers are using the correct password server. Has
anyone seen this before? Thanks for any help I receive am attaching the
events.

 Successful Logon:
 	User Name:	SERVICE
 	Domain:		CONWAY
 	Logon ID:		(0x0,0x66B69F8)
 	Logon Type:	3
 	Logon Process:	KSecDD
 	Authentication Package:	MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0
 	Workstation Name:	\\MENTOR

Logon Failure:
 	Reason:		Unknown user name or bad password
 	User Name:	SERVICE
 	Domain: