Make error

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Fri Aug 18 17:14:23 GMT 2000

Ross Davis wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Could someone fill me in as to why I get this error and how to fix it. I
> have got it with every CVS download of SAMBA_TNG. I have been using 'make'
> with the '-k' option so as to ignore it and continue seeing as it only
> seems to be affecting 'swat'. Is this a bad idea...any alternatives?
> Commands used:
>
> /configure --prefix=/usr/local/etc/samba --with-ldap
> make -k (or make -jk)
> make -k install
>
> Linking bin/swat
> bin/.libs/libsmbpw.so: undefined reference to `lookup_sid'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [bin/swat] Error 1

If you have in a hurry, the SAMBA_TNG_2_5_GOOD runs with ldap.
I had the same compiler error for months until 2.5_good. Of course, I'm
going to fix the download section in
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-TNG-howto.html.

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/