LSA_OPENSECRET

Panagiotis Malakoudis pmal at space.gr
Fri Aug 18 13:18:25 GMT 2000

Hello to everyone,

I've been trying to add my samba tng 2.6 PDC server to my NT4 PDC as trusted
but something fails and I cannot understand what it wrong.
Following the instructions by Elrond I created the two machine account in
the following way:
rpcclient -S . -U root%rootpw
>createuser GENERAL$ -i
>createuser MAIL_SERVER$ -i
>samuserset GENERAL$ -p passwd
>samuserset MAIL_SERVER$ -p same_pw_as_above

Then I open user manager for domain from my laptop and I connected to the NT
domain where I tried to add the samba pdc as trusted. User Manager saied
that it could not find the domain controller for this domain and a tail -f *
at the var directory gave me the following:

==> log.smb <==
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
WARNING: prs_create initialised a buffer in marshalling-mode
prs_grow_data: 4 > 0
LSA_OPENSECRET: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'pmal': authentication failed
LSA_OPENSECRET: NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
Rejecting user 'pmal': authentication failed
==> log.smb <==

pmal is my username at the nt domain. This account also exists at the samba
server with exactly the same password as the one store at the NT database.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards
Panagiotis Malakoudis
Systems Administrator