samba development

Martin Kuhne mkuhne at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 17 17:53:17 GMT 2000

-----Original Message-----
From: Ignacio Coupeau [mailto:icoupeau at unav.es]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 6:09 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA-NTDOM
Subject: Re: samba development

> But perhaps the two of best best notices for M$ of the year may be: 1)
> this, 2) internal dissension's in the Samba Team if this occurs.

Not really - having looked a some of the interop problems between NT and
third party implementions I am tempted to say "If you have to reverse
engineer our internal RPC protocols, at least do it right". And he was doing
that.

I was astonished, though, how serious and businesslike samba development has
become. Being part of a very serious and businesslike project myself I
understand Luke's feelings very well.

Note: This is my opinion, not Microsoft's.

Regards
Martin Kuhne
Escalation Engineer, Critical Problem Resolution (CPR)
Microsoft GmbH