SAMBA PDC + LDAP

Ignacio Coupeau icoupeau at unav.es
Fri Aug 11 14:15:48 GMT 2000

Andy Zbikowski wrote:

> I was playing with a SAMBA PDC with an LDAP backend last night, and got
> to the point where the LDAP database is ready to go, only to have samba
> remind me that the version I was running (2.0.7, Debian packages)
> doesn't support LDAP.
at all...

> So looks like it's time to compile TNG, or is this feature in a
> different branch? As I'm only working with a handful Win98 clients, I
> don't need TNG if a more stable version of samba supports it.

- the TNG supports LDAP but the schema may change... I think if you can,
wait a while because the TNG looks fine.
- the HEAD (10/15/99) and is pretty stable.

Please, read the
http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/ldap-smb-howto.html
it may help you.

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     e-mail: icoupeau at unav.es
CTI, Director              fax:    948 425619
University of Navarra      voice:  948 425600
Pamplona, SPAIN            http://www.unav.es/cti/