SAMBA PDC + LDAP

Andy Zbikowski andyzb at ltiflex.com
Thu Aug 10 18:52:03 GMT 2000

I was playing with a SAMBA PDC with an LDAP backend last night, and got
to the point where the LDAP database is ready to go, only to have samba
remind me that the version I was running (2.0.7, Debian packages)
doesn't support LDAP.

So looks like it's time to compile TNG, or is this feature in a
different branch? As I'm only working with a handful Win98 clients, I
don't need TNG if a more stable version of samba supports it.

I was thinking I could use LDAP as the backend in a effort to better
integrate the Linux boxen with the windows boxen. In hindsight, maybe
going with a samba PDC (without ldap) and using pam-smb-auth on the UNIX
end will be easier to implement and keep running...I don't know, I just
like to play with things. =) (This sin't a production enviorment...just
fooling with my home network and locking my roomates out of their
computers...hehehe)

--
        \\\|///