Fw: bugs?

Pierre PETIT ppetit at delquignies.com
Thu Aug 10 15:09:03 GMT 2000

hello!
I tried to compile and install a Samba TNG-alpha version 2.5.3 on linux 2.2.16 (Slakware 7.1)
I got this message after an smbclient -L localhost and after entering th password : "string overflow by 10
in safe_strcpy" and then I had to kill the session on another console.
here is the end of the log.localhost file
" authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
socket connect to /usr/local/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/srvsvc failed
ncalrpc_l_establish_connection: failed srvsvc)
ncalrpc_l_use_add: connection failed
SMB LM/NT Password did not match!
authorise_login: TODO. split function, it's 6 levels!
socket connect to /usr/local/samba/var/locks/.msrpc/srvsvc failed
ncalrpc_l_establish_connection: failed srvsvc)
ncalrpc_l_use_add: connection failed"

Is there anything I can do ?
THANKS
best Regards