print spool directory filling up

Melissa M. Thrush mmt4q at ee.virginia.edu
Thu Aug 10 14:12:42 GMT 2000

Michael,

> Hmm .. it looks allright, lpr -r tells the unix printing sysgtem to print
> and remove
> the file if it was successfull.
> <wild guess mode on>
> >[printers]
> >   comment = All Printers
> >   path = /usr/local/samba/print
> >   available = yes
> >   browseable = yes
> >   printable = yes
> >   public = yes
> >   writable = yes
> >   create mode = 0700
>
> could that be the problem ? (i.e. has lpr the rights to delete the file ?
> log in as the user that did the printing and try that lpr command on
> the spool file, and see if it gets deleted)
> </wild guess mode on>

Thanks for the tip, however I just logged in as one of the users on our
Samba server and typed the command:  lpr -r -Pmaxl5 /etc/resolv.conf

The file printed fine and I didn't see an entry in /usr/local/samba/print
so it must be something else related to when the users print from
Win95/Win98?

Thanks,

Melissa
--
Melissa Thrush                              Dept. of Electrical Engineering
mthrush at virginia.edu                        University of Virginia