Authen-Smb-0.91

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Aug 6 23:18:59 GMT 2000

At 05:04 AM 05/08/2000 +1000, you wrote:
>I have installed Authen-Smb-0.91on my RedHat 6.2 system. I would like to use
>it with a Php4.0.1pl2 enabled Apache Webserver 1.3.12. However, for the
>configuration of the PAM module, there is no file in /etc/pam.d for either
>Php or Apache. Do I have to create a file? If so, do I have to do anything
>else to get it recognized? Or is there something else I have to do?

Does this sound like a samba question ?? Hmm....

Put a warning line in the 'other' pam stack, (its usually set to either
warn or do nothing) and then attempt to use the apache pam modual. A check
of the logs will tell you the name of the module that asked Pam for
authentication. Make a pam stack by that name. I use a different apache pam
smb authentication module and it expects a stack called 'httpd'.

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au