Authen-Smb-0.91

Peter Samuelson peter at cadcamlab.org
Sat Aug 5 19:54:47 GMT 2000

[Ben Meyer <Ben_Meyer at pfm.org>]
> I have installed Authen-Smb-0.91on my RedHat 6.2 system. I would like
> to use it with a Php4.0.1pl2 enabled Apache Webserver
> 1.3.12. However, for the configuration of the PAM module, there is no
> file in /etc/pam.d for either Php or Apache. Do I have to create a
> file? If so, do I have to do anything else to get it recognized? Or
> is there something else I have to do?

That's an Apache/PHP question, not a Samba question!  I don't know that
those even *support* PAM.  Generally with PAM you either create a file
of the right name in /etc/pam.d, or just lines in /etc/pam.conf (same
format but with the would-be filename as first field of each line), or
it falls back on defaults, whatever those are.  So if you don't know
the right label name, set the defaults.  I don't know how to do this on
Linux; on HP-UX you use the label "OTHER".

Peter