cvs compile-probs (was Re: was [TNG] Status (and merging))

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Sat Aug 5 12:57:39 GMT 2000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 03:33:18PM +0200, Åke Holmlund wrote:

> > > I hope, it is working in current cvs... (if you get to
> > > compile it or at least find the problem)
> >
> > Still doesn't work but I suspect it might be an LDAP related problem.
>
> Followup to my own posting. I have found the problem and it is LDAP
> related. There are a couple of functions missing in ldap.c causing
> a function struct (struct smb_passdb_ops ldap_ops) to be offset by
> one. I have made a quick dirty fix and now i can chage passwords from
> NT4 and W2k.
>
> /ÅH

Thanks for finding this one!

After looking at it, I saw, that every function in the
struct was offset by one... I wonder, how anything worked
with that...

Okay... I prepended a fake getsamseqnum in ldap.c (in
reality I prepended NULL and checked for NULL in the
wrapper-function).

Can you try that and tell me, wether I fixed it the right
way? And also test some other things (like Usermanager) and
report on them.

    Elrond