A question about sambaAliases and sambaBuiltin (LDAP)

Paul J Collins pjdc at eircom.net
Wed Aug 2 18:09:24 GMT 2000

    Ignacio> I'm reviewing the documentation and, please, need some help about
    Ignacio> sambaAlias/Builtin. I have two questions.

    Ignacio> 1. Is this entry with two objectclass is correct?:
    >> dn: cn=Guests,  o=xyz, c=xy
    >> sid: S-1-5-32-546
    >> objectclass: sambaBuiltin
    >> objectclass: sambaAlias
    >> ntuid: Guests
    >> rid: 222
    >> cn: Guests
    >> gidnumber: 99
    >> member: nobody,1f5,1

If you have NT's built-in Guest group aliased to, say, group nobody on
the Unix box, then I would think that having those two object classes
is correct.  However, I know nothing about LDAP.

    Ignacio> 2. I read the logs I found a message like "rid not found" for the
    Ignacio> entries
    Ignacio> < ntuid: Everyone
    Ignacio> .
    Ignacio> < ntuid: Network
    Ignacio> .
    Ignacio> < ntuid: Interactive
    Ignacio> Are they required? I think they are "spurious".

Those SIDs are "well-known", so they don't need an entry in smbpasswd;
you can therefore ignore the RID not found errors.

--
Paul Collins <pjdc at eircom.net> - - - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD