logon script works with NT client, but not Win98

Frank Fuerst ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Aug 2 08:08:24 GMT 2000

David Bannon wrote:

> At 03:19 AM 02/08/2000 +1000, Frank Fuerst wrote:
> >> A script, written under WinNT and transfered via pscp, with the sole
> >> content
> >>
> >> net use t: \\server\share
> >When I map the netlogon share manually and execute the script by
> >double-clicking or from a dos prompt, it _is_ executed on that client!
>
> Have you put a 'pause' cammand at the end of the script so it stays on
> screen so you can read any error messages ? Might be worth a try.

This didn't work, because the client couldn't find the file. Someone
else pointed me to the solution: There's a small, but significant
difference between:

logon script = scripts/test.bat
and
logon script = scripts\test.bat

:-(

Thank you all,
Bye.
--
Frank Fuerst, Institut fuer Biochemie und Biologie der Uni Potsdam
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 24-25, Haus 25, 14476 Golm
ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de